SHTF School is a website dedicated to urban survival and preparedness
My name is Selco and I am from the Balkan region, and as some of you may know it was hell here from 92-95, anyway, for 1 whole year I lived and survived in a city WITHOUT: electricity, fuel, running water, real food distribution, or distribution of any goods, or any kind of organized law or government.
The city was surrounded for 1 year and in that city actually it was SHTF situation. We were all thrown into this and our allies were our enemies from one day to the next. Today I’m prepared but I learned a lot going through this hard time.
How this website started
I wrote about my experience in a survival online community. Many people wanted to hear about this and asked me all sorts of questions. This was 2011 and the thread is long gone but you can see all my answers in PDF file you get when you subscribe to our newsletter.
On this website you can read about my experience during SHTF, talk with me and others who are interested in REAL survival, instead of Hollywood or fantasy survival. If you want to learn in detail about how I survived and how I prepare today have a look at my survival course.
Below you can find different posts from the last couple of years sorted by category. Most recent posts are on top.
- True Nature of Survival
- Self Defense in Survival Situations
- The reality of combat
- Types of real survivalists: 4. The good boss
- When more chaos helps for surival
- Perfect Survival Shelter
- The 5 First Symptoms of SHTF
- Dogs in violent survival situations
- Survival of women during SHTF
- Online Security Matters
- Suburban Survival – Space to Secure vs Privacy
- The Power of Fear
- Old cans and minefields… how to control enemy movement
- Violent Deaths
- Survival & Preparedness Gift Ideas
- Prescription drugs, mental health and unstable people in survival scenarios
- Surviving the comeback of natural selection
- Tactical gear vs skills for survival
- Violence as tool for survival
- My Budget Bug Out Bag
- Three typical reactions to survival scenarios
- Survivalist Gift Guide
- Survival Hygiene
- What light and darkness meant for us
- Fire for survival
- Water for survival
- Why many preppers will die
- Common sense survival. The return of natural selection
- Enjoy the good times as long as they last.
- Walking the line between human and animal
- You survived but you are dead inside
- Types of real survivalists: 2. The chameleon
- How to help kids through hard times
- In violent urban survival scenario… violence is the easy part.
- Fighting superior forces
- Real Survival Exercises… that you can do today
- No real recovery
- The different faces of fear
- The European Cold Snap
- Survival Situation – Action Wins
- You get what you give – but different
- Widespread riots now in my country. My thoughts on riots.
- When your loved ones get hurt or killed
- Consequences of killing in post collapse world few people think about
- About some survival myths
- Lessons in urban warfare from Syria
- The temptations of being evil in post collapse situation
- Boston bombings: How surviving a bomb blast feels and what you can do to help survivors.
- Types of real survivalists: 1. The bad man
- Being in a city under siege
- Violence in Syria
- A Typical Day During SHTF
- Keep them fed and entertained
- Faith and religion during my fight for survival
- The end of the world
- Dayz – the first real survival game?
- The Global State of Survival & Preparedness Report
- First Article of Selco’s Survival Guide
- Getting to know Selco
- More details soon!
- Clarification: Survival only
- SHTF in Rural Communities
- Signs of SHTF
- How it all started
- A Way Out
- Urban vs Rural in Case of SHTF