SHTF School is a website dedicated to urban survival and preparedness
My name is Selco and I am from the Balkan region, and as some of you may know it was hell here from 92-95, anyway, for 1 whole year I lived and survived in a city WITHOUT: electricity, fuel, running water, real food distribution, or distribution of any goods, or any kind of organized law or government.
The city was surrounded for 1 year and in that city actually it was SHTF situation. We were all thrown into this and our allies were our enemies from one day to the next. Today I’m prepared but I learned a lot going through this hard time.
How this website started
I wrote about my experience in a survival online community. Many people wanted to hear about this and asked me all sorts of questions. This was 2011 and the thread is long gone but you can see all my answers in PDF file you get when you subscribe to our newsletter.
On this website you can read about my experience during SHTF, talk with me and others who are interested in REAL survival, instead of Hollywood or fantasy survival. If you want to learn in detail about how I survived and how I prepare today have a look at my survival course.
Below you can find different posts from the last couple of years sorted by category. Most recent posts are on top.
- Corona Virus Panic & What Matters Now
- Survival lesson Re-visited: Staying Out Of Trouble
- Skills And Training
- Reality Check – What You Maybe Doing Wrong and How It Will Get You Killed
- Plans Without Preps
- Every Day Carry (EDC) Foundation Concepts
- Best Way’s to Build Your Survival Group
- Survival’s first lesson: Staying out of trouble
- Essential for understanding survival is understanding reality of death and dying
- Prescription drugs, mental health and unstable people in survival scenarios
- Three typical reactions to survival scenarios
- Sleep Deprivation and SHTF
- Some Thoughts on Bugging Out
- Under The Bridge…
- Going it Alone… Some Things To Consider.
- USA – Looking In The Balkans Mirror?
- Strategic Savagery: How to Use Terror
- Bugging out: Why I missed best time to bug out
- Common sense survival. The return of natural selection
- Walking the line between human and animal
- Real Survival Exercises… that you can do today